How it Works
The following steps will help you navigate around the Au Pair One website. If you do experience any technical issues, please, feel free to contact us.
Few simple steps will get you started right away: Create a profile Search Communicate Sign a contract
- First step is to register an account. Registration is very simple, convenient and takes less than a minute.
- Then you can create a Profile, adding as much detail as possible as this will make your profile more interesting. To obtain the optimal results, it's best to be honest about things that you like or dislike and to submit a friendly picture of you/your family.
- Best way to find suitable Au Pair/Family is to use Profile matching, where the system will list candidates based on the requirements specified in your own profile.
- Another way to find matches is to search via our simple search system. The filter will help you search profiles based on your search parameters.
- When you found an interesting Au Pair/Family profile, you can contact them from their profile page.
- Once you have found your perfect match (Au Pair/Family), arrange to make a further contact, preferably an interview on the phone, Telegram, Zoom, or even in person. We would encourage that it should be an unhurried process, by taking your time to get to know each other and plan to speak, at least, a couple of times. It is always advisable to make a list of questions prepared before you speak.
- To contact a profile, use a message form at the bottom of each profile.
- All correspondence can be found in your Messages.
Sign a contract
- The Au Pair contract is an official document containing the most important details of cooperation between a Host Family and an Au Pair.
- Each country has different rules according the Au Pair contract. It's wise to check the rules before starting the search.
Prepare for the au pair stay
- If the Au Pair requires a visa, then the Au Pair and the Host Family need to prepare all the necessary documents.
- Host Family organizes the arrival of the au pair.
Useful Tips for using the website.
- To improve position of your profile in the search results, you can use the "Bump" button at the edit profile page. Bump will raise your profile to the top of search results.
- You can disable your profile visibility by making your profile "Inactive" at the edit profile page. This means your profile will be invisible on the site and other users will not be able to write you any messages. You also won't be able to contact other profiles, as well as not receiving notification emails about new messages.
- To prevent email notification about new messages, you have to turn off corresponding option at the edit profile page
- Use your "Favorite list" as a reminder of the profiles you are interested in.