How it Works
The following steps will help you navigate around the Au Pair One website. If you do experience any technical issues, please, feel free to contact us.
- First step is to register an account. Registration is very simple, convenient and takes less than a minute.
- Then you can create a Profile, adding as much detail as possible as this will make your profile more interesting. To obtain the optimal results, it's best to be honest about things that you like or dislike and to submit a friendly picture of you/your family.
- Best way to find suitable Au Pair/Family is to use Profile matching, where the system will list candidates based on the requirements specified in your own profile.
- Another way to find match is to search via our simple search system. Filter will help you search profiles based on your search parameters.
- When you found an interesting Au Pair/Family profile, you can contact them from their profile page.
- You can always contact other Premium profiles, regardless of your premium subscription.
- To be able to make the first contact with other non-Premium profiles, you must have an active profile and have a premium subscription.
- You can always reply to the messages addressed from other profiles, regardless of your premium subscription.
- All correspondence can be found in your Messages
- Once you have found your perfect match (Au Pair/Family), arrange to make a further contact, preferably an interview on the phone, Skype, WhatsApp or even in person. We would encourage that it should be an unhurried process, by taking your time to get to know each other and plan to speak, at least, a couple of times. It is always advisable to make a list of questions prepared before you speak.
Sign a contract
- The Au Pair contract is an official document containing the most important details of cooperation between a Host Family and an Au Pair.
- Each country has different rules according the Au Pair contract. It's wise to check the rules before starting the search.
- To improve position of your profile in the search results, you can use the "Bump" button at the edit profile page. Bump will move your profile to the top of search results.
- You can disable your profile visibility by making your profile "Inactive" at the edit profile page. This means your profile will be not visible on the site and other users can't reply to your messages. You won't be able to contact other users from their profile pages, as well as not receiving notification mails about new messages.
- To prevent email notification about new messages, you have to turn off corresponding option at the edit profile page
- To Manage or Cancel the Premium Membership Subscription, please visit Subscription section at your account page. You can cancel your Premium Membership Subscription at any time, for any reason, and you will not be billed again. Once canceled, your Premium Membership Subscription Plan will remain active until the end of the billing period, and you will not be charged at the start of the next billing period.